Re: 1975 Midget ....no power

To: Marcus Tooze <tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil>
Subject: Re: 1975 Midget ....no power
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 10:07:39 -31802 (PST)
Marcus,
        Idles smoothly, revs ok, no power? Sounds like low compression or
a flat cam.  Usually a timing error, either induced by dist setting or
frozen/weak advance setup won't cause such a massive lack of power.  Of
course, you probably have been tainted a bit by the Triumph 6 cyl.
        In fact, upon further consideration, I'm sure this is your problem.
Now that I think about it and read the subject line again,
 "1975 Midget..no power", I really don't think there's anything wrong at
all, just the recently-tainted calibration of the dynomometer in the seat
of your pants.

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '67 Spit-6   '74 TR-6