Nuts! Nuts! My head is bad again...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Nuts! Nuts! My head is bad again...
From: LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 94 09:57:33 CST

*SIGH*

@whinemode=ON

Driving in to the city yesterday in my GT6+, I was just admiring how smooth
and strong the engine felt. It was cruising, and still very responsive to
the throttle. All was well.

After leaving the Triumph club meeting last night, on the way home, it began
to feel kind of rough. Oops. It was missing, steadily on one cylinder.

Got home, pulled plug wires. It was #6. Again. I pulled the plug. It was badly
fouled. I replaced the plug. Still missed. My heart sank.

Compression gauge reads 0. Again. This is the head that I had COMPLETELY rebuilt
about a year ago. I've probably put about 9,000 miles on it since then. Why
would this happen so soon? Is there some reason cylinder #6 would always be the
culprit?

Saturday I'm pulling the head, and then we'll see what's what.

Of course, I'm just assumng it's the head. But that's the likely suspect.

Larry, starting to look for a VW or something as a daily driver...