Oil pumps high or low volume ?

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Oil pumps high or low volume ?
From: send05 UNDEFINED <IEDXW@ASUVM.INRE.ASU.EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 1994 09:53:10 -0700 (MST)
For highly tweeked street cars with large oil coolers and external rocker
oil feed, would a high volume oil pump be prefereable to a standard capasity
pump??

I have a 1500 Midget with lots of mods.  The advatages are obvious, nes pas.
The disads are loss of power pumpinmg that extra oil around.

Also anyone tried the preoiler set up offered in JC Witless??  Looks
interesting, but its over $400.  Perhapps $400 is worth it for a gizmo
which will keep a $3000 engine running well for twice as many miles?

Cheers Dennis "I'm looking for a way to imortalize my engine" Wilson