OD an option for me?

To: BritCars List <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: OD an option for me?
From: Henry Stevens <stevensh@cuug.ab.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 1994 10:12:37 -0700 (MST)
I've got a 1964 MGB with original crash-first transmission, but a later
(1974) five-main-bearing engine. The combination works great, but I would
dearly love to install an overdrive.

My question then is, given the above arrangement, which if any overdrive
transmissions will mate up with the engine, and yet not require any
tin-bashing around the transmission tunnel? If it's even possible, what
alterations would/maybe be required to the tranny?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-- Henry "six inches of fresh snow on the ground, dammit" Stevens
   Calgary, Alberta, Canada
   stevensh@cuug.ab.ca