Thank you, Boulder SOLs

To: Scions of Lucas <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thank you, Boulder SOLs
From: Tim Pettenati <pettenat@netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 15:13:35 -0800 (PST)
Just a quick note to thank the Boulder SOLs for their hospitality.  Lawrence
Buja picked me up at the hotel in his Daimler. We took a ride over to Scott
Paisleys for an evening of beer, pizza, and sworking on Scotts TR6.  Glen
also showed up with a great looking MGB.
Scotts' TR6 was having the typical Stromberg smog test blues. We spent alot of
time peeking and tweeking.  The end result was a car the would probably run
just right at sea level, but was way too rich at 6000 ft elevation.  I really
didn't figure this out until the next day, after the effects of the Warthog Ale
wore off.
Lawrence let me drive the Daimler back from Scotts house.  This is one nice
family crusier.  I know the purists will hate me for saying this but, "What
a wonderful car this would be with a 350 smallblock under the hood".  This
statement would only apply to the garden varity XJ6, it would certainly be
a crime to bastardize a Daimler.

My next trip will be to Beaverton/Portland Oregon. I'll be there next
week on Monday 11/14 through 11/18, and staying at the Shilo Inn in
Beaverton.  So if any Portland area SOLs would like to get together,
leave a message at the hotel. Or try my pager - 800-sky-page, PIN 2619225

                                             pettenat@netcom.com