Wheel collision repair

To: Scions of Lucas <British-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheel collision repair
From: <RGS03%ALBNYDH2.bitnet@UACSC2.ALBANY.EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 94 10:28:04 EST
To: Paul Amaranth

Paul,
Too bad you didn't ask advice before shipping your wheel off to the
shop you're unhappy with. (Or if you did, I'm sorry I missed it.)

Two years ago I sent a wheel off to Ye Olde Wheel Shop. I think that's
the correct name. Anyway they're located near Baltimore. I'll look up
my paperwork on it if anyone's interested.

The wheel was an NLS Appliance mag that got pretty bent and gouged in
an accident that I had with my '71 Datsun 240Z. Since I really liked the
wheels and couldn't replace them I bit the bullet and had it repaired.
They charged me $100 and trued and balanced the wheel. They also buffed
the entire outside surface and cleaned the inner surface. Also the bead
was cleaned up as well. I'm VERY happy with their work. They repacked
the wheel in the box and packing I sent it to them in so I can't complain
about that either.

I thought the price was quite reasonable as new wheels were nearly
double the cost of repairing the old one. (Funny thing is, it cost
as much to have the centers rechromed as it did to repair and ship
the wheel)

FWIW
Rik Schlierer

Rik Schlierer                        "Keep a good thought"
NYSDOH Local Assistance                  (B. Miller)
Albany NY