Re: XPAG freeze plugs

To: Will Zehring <wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu>
Subject: Re: XPAG freeze plugs
From: Andy Mace <AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 10:14:27 PST

On Thu, 10 Nov 1994, Will Zehring wrote:

> Our local MG club newsletter had another TD for sale so I called.  Among
> other comments on this car ('53) the owner said the freeze plugs had rusted
> out.  This seems pretty strange to me at first blush.  Are these plugs of
> the hammer in what variety?  Is this a warning sign of PO abuse/neglect?

I'm pretty sure the plugs do hammer in like most other cars. When was
this car last driven, sometime during the Nixon administration? I
assume it's not driveable; does it run at all?

> Otherwise the car sounds interesting over the phone (they all do).  I'm

Oh, it does run! (couldn't resist)

> wondering if I should consider this car seriously.

Of course you should -- you're a SOL! How's the price? It could be a gem
in the rough at, say, $4-6,000. Bet they want more than that?

> Thanks,
> Will Zehring

Andy Mace