Restoring Bugeye

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Restoring Bugeye
From: Bugeye59@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 1994 21:44:20 -0500
Dear Fellow Scions,
I have spent the last three years bringing my Bugeye back from the dead (at
as low a cost as possible).  I am now looking to bring it to the next level.
First, I have a couple 1275 engines laying around so I want to rebuild one.
 Next, I want to change over to a Weber carb.  And finally I have a set of
front discs that are itching to go on as well.  What I am looking for is any
advice on:  1. where to get the engine and head prepped (bored, planed, etc.)
in the southern NH or Boston MA area  2. a good source of performance parts
for the 1275.  3.  where to get a reasonably priced weber  and the pitfalls
associated with its installation.  4.  recommendations as far as
transmissions (and what is the difference between smooth and ribbed case)  5.
 Any words of wisdom for this restoration project or any other ideas that you
may think are helpful.
Send your inputs directly to me, as to not clutter up the digest.

P.S. - Ray, thanks for the bonnet, we got it home all in one piece!!

Jon Jordan
Hanscom AFB, MA
Bugeye 59@aol.com