Armstrong-Siddeley Star Sapphire

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Armstrong-Siddeley Star Sapphire
From: jll4@cornell.edu (John Lumley)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 10:57:17 -0500
I am looking for information about any Armstrong Siddeley Star Sapphires in
the United States.  I have heard of one that was smashed up somewhere near
the Great Lakes; it was traced as far as Duluth, but the trace vanished at
that point.  There was also a Star advertised 5-7 weeks ago in Hemmings; I
did not see the ad, and have thrown out that issue.  Anybody know anything?

My Australian contacts tell me that Lucas in Chicago and elsewhere has
closed up shop; does anyone know about this, and what happened to their
stock, for example?  (I get my Lucas stuff from Welsh Jaguar in
Steubenbville OH).

These inquiries are all on behalf of Penn Bradly of Canberra, Australia.  I
will relay any info to him - he is not connected to e-mail.