60 TR-3 near Daytona Beach, FL

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 60 TR-3 near Daytona Beach, FL
From: wise@db.erau.edu (John Wise)
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 1994 09:13:22 -0500
I went to look at a '60 TR-3A over the weekend.  Unfortunately, it started
to rain like crazy (Florida thunderstorm) just as we uncovered the car.
Here is a summary of what I saw in the few minutes before we had to cover
it up again.

It has a brand new top but no side curtins.  The engine has been recently
rebuilt - don't know what was done - but he has the records at least for
that work.

The body looked good (except it was a Corvette red).  But I did not really
get a chance really check it out.  The body work was probably done by a
good bodyman who did not know TRs.  He put a crease along the bottem of the
front wings/fenders to match the bottem of the door (like a Midget).  Oh
yes, the owner added those fender skirts I see in the Moss catelog.  It has
disk wheels.

The interior was very new looking, but I cannot vouch for its authenticity.

My heart was pounding (my first car was a 60 TR-3A) but my daughter will
have to drive it to high school and back for the remainder of this year.
I do not have space in the garage for it - but I have done crazier things
...  Anybody have an idea of its worth?  Order of magnitude, anyway?

If anyone else is interested the phone number is 904 734-7599.  He is
asking $7K/best offer.  It is located in DeLand, FL (30 minutes west of
Daytona).

The owner works second shift at a hospital and his work days vary from week
to week.  He had a number of old cars/trucks (t-bird, chevy truck) so this
seems to be a hobby with him.

John

John A. Wise                                    Tel: (+1) (904) 226-6384
Center for Aviation/Aerospace Research          Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail: wise@db.erau.edu
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900   USA