Cylinder head STUDS vs BOLTS

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Cylinder head STUDS vs BOLTS
From: RETURN <IEDXW@ASUVM.INRE.ASU.EDU>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 1994 10:31:26 -0700 (MST)
Most LCBs have cylider head studs.  These are a total pain if you ask me.
I'm thinking about changing the studs on my 1500 Midget for grade 8 bolts.
Any views on the pros and cons of such a swap.

One high performance vendor (the names escapes me) says they can get
bolts for any head and that they are better??  Comments??

Would I have to cut to a groove along the threads of the bolts in the same way
the studs have a groove cut??  I assume this is to allow oil or air out
of the blind ending hole you are screwing into?  Would this weaken the
bolts??

Cheers Dennis