Am I evil?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Am I evil?
From: Gene_Faust.Wbst843@xerox.com
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 1994 05:11:55 PST
Chris, funny that you would ask.  I have owned both a Land Rover and a Land
Cruiser.  The Land Rover was certainly more interesting to work on and  fun to
drive.  However,  I already owned a couple of other LBCs that were  interesting
to work on and fun to drive.  What I needed was a workhorse to plow snow,  tow
boats in and out of the water in addition to taking me back and forth to work.
 I sold the Rover and bought a 74 Crusher.  The Crusher is heavier,  more
powerful, rides harder (why they bothered to put springs on it is beyond me),
steers harder  and is much more reliable.   In actuality, it's a brute, more
tractor than car and built like a tank.  If I put it in low/low It will pull a
boat & trailer up hill at idle.
 I still own the beast, but long ago gave up driving it back and forth to work
and I would not recommend it for long trips.  I also owned a VW type 181 Thing
along the way.  Now that was fun!
Gene Faust
51 TD, 67 BGT, 53 XK120, 57 XK140, 48 MI IV's (2)