motor for midget

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: motor for midget
From: CraigR3454@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 1994 02:52:16 -0500
SOLs

I know I could very well receive cries of sacrilege accompanied by wailing
and gnashing of teeth for this, but here goes. This is the situation. A few
months ago my father bought a '76 and a '79 Midget. We have taken parts off
of the '76 for the '79, so far so good. All the '79 needs now is body work.
The subject here is the '76. The car is still very complete with a very good
body, not much rust and only minor dings, but the only thing left of the
motor is the block, pistons, and crank. The question I pose is this, Instead
of spending a lot of money to get a head, manifolds, carbs, emission ect. are
there any easily accessible and not too expensive engines out there that we
could put in the '76 instead. We thought maybe we could go to the local
wrecking yard and pull an engine out of a wrecked car. I mean why not? We
only paid $600 for both cars and the "76 is in such good condition we really
hate to just get rid of it. Anyone out there been here before?

Craig
61 Bugeye