press. diff. valve

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: press. diff. valve
From: "Dana P. Henry-TRF" <70471.1433@compuserve.com>
Date: 24 Oct 94 14:06:04 EDT
WPC,
{2BVPZ&#|x10cpip      ?xxxhy
Bx~6X@I8uX@~~~~~~~~~Panasonic
KX-P1124PAKXP112.PRS[x
@IOXy}\X@Courier 10cpi{2xV@ZpJp      ?xxxhy
Bx~6X@I8uX@~~~~~~~~~Panasonic
KX-P1124PAKXP112.PRS[x
@IOXy}\X@#|x{2*TR6 Pressure Differential Valve

   I am writing in response to Kevib Strait's comments about the
pressure
differential valve on the TR6.  The original manufacturer
of this valve has not
offered the part for a good many years.  We
were delighted to have come across
this part listed by one of our
English suppliers.  The part was offered under
the original part
number and although it was expensive, we were glad to be able
offer the part again.

   At some point the stock of valves must have run out because the
valves that
we began getting were like the one discussed by Mr.
Strait.  We are not happy
with the product and have frozen all
stocks and will return them to the English
vendor.  The status of
that part has been changed to NLS (no longer available).

   The reason for the smaller and larger fittings is to ensure that
the front
brake pipes get bolted to one end of the valve, and the
pipes for the rear are
attached to the other side.  The valve is
centered when the entire brake system
is operating correctly.  When
a failure occurs on half of the system, the
plungers shifts
triggering the switch that activates the warning light on the
dash.
The bolt on one end or the other appears to be there only to
provide
access to the plunger and seals.  The valve is not a
proportionaing device, but
is only a fluid pressure monitering
device to detect changes in the system.

   We have been working on a solution in the meantime.  There is a
rebuild kit
that will work on some of the valves found on these
cars.  The part number is
LDSSB833.  Price is $4.50.  At the moment
we have stock on the shelf at TRF.
 The kit includes two different
sets of o)rings to replace the o)rings fitted to
two different
types of plungers found inside the differential valve.  Both
o*rings have a round wall configuration.  There is, from what we have
discovered
so far, a third type of plunger that has a seal similar
to what is found in a
master cylinder   No rebuild kit is available
for this type at this time.  We
are working with the original
manufacturer to solve this problem.  From the
outside, it is not
possible to tell which type of o)ring will be found inside.
 As
more develops on this subject we will discuss it over the bulletin
board.
 In the meantime, those of you who find round profile o*rings in your
differential valves can likely rebuild them using the
LDSSB833 kit available at
TRF.

John Swauger, TRF