TRF Autmn Sale ending soon, do they usually have a similar winter Sale?

To: british-cars@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: TRF Autmn Sale ending soon, do they usually have a similar winter Sale?
From: streeter@east.isx.com (Ken Streeter - Lockheed Sanders)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 94 07:36:34 EDT
TRF is currently running an Autumn sale, which is ending in a couple of days.

The recent discussions of "vendor" discounts from Moss, VB, TRF, and others
contained an implication of a TRF winter sale.

Does TRF typically have a winter sale?  Does such a sale typically feature a
"across-the board XX% discount," which increases with the more you buy, as this
year's fall sale?

Why do you ask?  Well, I am planning a major purchase from TRF, but would really
like to be able to wait about three more weeks before making the purchase, as I
am currently on travel, and am considering the purchase of a second TR6.  If I
do
decide to buy the second TR6, I'll be buying all sorts of things for it, as it
will
be undergoing a significant restoration.  If, however, I don't buy it, I'll
instead
be buying things for my current TR6.  Thus, I'll be making a big order in either
case, and would really like to be able to get discounts at least as large as
featured during the TRF fall sale, as it amounts to quite a few hundred dollars.

So, can I expect there to be a similar sale offered in the winter?  (When?
Feb?)
Or, should I contact TRF, explain my dilemma, and see if they are willing to
work
out some special arrangement?  (Anybody done that before?)

--ken  (streeter@sanders.com) '74 TR6