Need SU help.....

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Need SU help.....
From: dll20@oes.amdahl.com (Dan Litteral)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 09:18:36 +0800
I've tossed those silly H1 sivs that came with my 948 Bugeye and
replaced them with a set of HS2s. These work much better and they
don't dribble gas all over the place. My problem, though, is finding
needles that are lean enough at idle.

I have AUD 328 series .090 carbs with the standard ACC needles and, looking
in a needle chart, it appears that I need is a pair of ABZ needles. But,
I can't seem to locate any. Even the distributor says he's never seen them
in this country.

Is there anyone out there who would direct me to:

        -a new set of ABZ needles here in the US?

        -what application they were used on?

        -a UK source for ABZ needles?

        -a reputible, reasonable machinist in the San Francisco area who
         has experience replicating needles

Failing that, I'm open to suggestions on how to lean out the mixture....
I'd rather not go the "solder build up and very careful sanding" route
if I can avoid it. I just rebuilt the engine with an unleaded head and
the rings have seated. I'm using a high energy LED ignition system but,
this puppy blows some serious black smoke at idle....runs like a top at
once past the #1 region of the needle though.

Please respond directly to me at     dll20@oes.amdahl.com     or, if you
wish, to the board. But, in the interest of time, please copy me directly
as well.

THANKS!!!!!!!!

dan

(Desperate in Sunnyvale)