Jim Bob's Winter Storage Tips (pt. 1)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Jim Bob's Winter Storage Tips (pt. 1)
From: harrold@INDYVAX.IUPUI.EDU (Dick Harrold)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 08:38:29 -0500
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 1994 08:28:51 -0400
From: jab@netrix.com

===== some text deleted =====

2.  My favorite filling station has started pumping oxygenated
gas.  I filled my wife's car last evening and noticed a distinct
change in the odor of the fuel.  Suppliers are required to use
oxygenated gas from 11/1 to 2/29 in my area.  I would recommend
storing the car with 100% gas in the tank instead of the oxygenated
stuff which is gasoline mixed with alcohol or some other rather
corrosive crud.

===== more text deleted =====
===== start here =====

Jim  -  Have an old clunk (1927 brand X) out in the barn that likes to
collect water in the fuel tank during cold storage.  Solved this by
draining all fuel in the fall and then leaving off the filler cap.  Put a
cloth over the opening to keep out dirt and the creepy crawlers.  (Without
the cloth the first year, I had a family of spiders move in!)  In spring,
the tank is ready to receive petrol again and without moisture.  It works
for me.  Just a thought.

Dick

Dick Harrold
HARROLD@INDYVAX.IUPUI.EDU
Integrated Technologies
Indiana University at Indianapolis (IUPUI)