Re: Oiling leaf springs (cont'd.)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oiling leaf springs (cont'd.)
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 16:03:16 -0400 (EDT)
TeriAnn wrote:

> >My first car, a 1955 Ford, had squeeky leaf springs.  I took it to a service
> >station and the cured it by spraying something they called rubber lube
>between
> >the leafs.  I have not heard of it since & wonder what it was. It sounds like

When I used to pay $1.75 to get my car greased at the service station, it
was SOP to spritzer all rubber bushings with rubber lube.  It did reduce
groaning and squeeking for a while.

One can still buy the stuff; I've no idea what is in it.  I considered
using it to help me install the windshield in my bugeye, then decided to
use silicone spray because the auto parts store only had rubber lube in
gallons.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910