Re: TR4 Rebuilds

To: gpetrola@prairienet.org
Subject: Re: TR4 Rebuilds
From: GNH.Wbst207V@xerox.com
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 1994 08:07:35 PDT
Greg Petrolati asks:
<I'm thinking about getting the crank and flywheel balanced
(and the flywheel lightened too).  Does anyone know about how
much this should cost?>

At the shop I work with (in Rochester, NY) a complete balance
job is $175.  If your rods are already balanced, the job should cost
less.  Having had my last 3 engines balanced, I recommend it.
Machine shop time runs $35. per hour and it might take an hour
or so to have the flywheel lightened.

Keep in touch.  I'm interested in your progress since I'll be doing
my TR4A engine in the next few months.

George Haynes
Dove Grey 1956 MGA
Blue 1964 Spitfire ... slowly being reassembled
BRG 1965 TR4A... the next 100% restoration