RE: 11 year olds

To: BRITISH-CARS@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 11 year olds
From: PATRICK KREJCIK <PKR@SLACVM.SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 1994 10:08 -0800 (PST)
Tommy-Fisher wrote that his 11 year old used his E-Type
windshield as a hockey goal. This produced a slightly
delayed reaction deep within my psyche. I too have 3 boys
clustered around the age of 11 years and coincidentally the
windshield for my E-Type is sitting on the garage floor
awaiting installation.
If you really want to extract long term revenge,let the punishment
fit the crime. By subtle means get them interested in
British cars to the point where they begin to enjoy crawling
around under oily cars. Only then, point out to them that
Restorers Malaise is a genetically inherited defect, and that
they have been tested to show ABCS positive (thats Aquiring
British Cars Syndrome). You have now condemned them to a lifetime
of scraped knuckles and oil splotches in the eyes.
At this stage its probably too sadistic to make the 11 year old
install the new windshield with you and could be construed by the
courts as child abuse. Although you could argue with them that
windshield installation is being tested as a possible cure
for ABCS.
Having said all that, I am in the midst of soul searching
to answer the question what heinous crime did I commit
against my father in my formative years when he owned
first a Morris Oxford and later a Humber Hawk.
Cheers, Patrick.