'61 Morris Mini

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: '61 Morris Mini
From: Stufdshirt@aol.com
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 94 22:41:43 EDT
Boy was I glad to find this group and my "new" Mini.  Well one day it just
wouldn't start.  Just seemed that the battery crapped out.  I waited a couple
days before I looked at it again.  Tried to start it again.  I turned the key
and got nothing.  I was upset and got out of the car and started to walk
away.  Luckily my wife walked into the garage and sais "What's the smoke
from??.  Hey ITS ON FIRE".  The battery cable turned into a giant toaster
element and the insulation on the cable was on fire.  The only fatalities so
far that I could find are the cables, and the distributor and plug wires.  My
main question is 'Has anyone experienced the same problem? and "Can anyone
give me a place to start looking?"

P.S. PETTIGREW::I told my wife that you had a Mini for sale and I got a look
that would melt steel!!  Sorry..