DuPont DP-40 scare

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: DuPont DP-40 scare
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 1994 12:10:12 -0400
        All this talk about the DuPont DP-40 has me scared about
the paint on my Healey.  Here is the story...
        I got my Healey substructure sandblasted and then primed with
DuPont Veri-prime (vera-prime?) which I think is DP-40 about a year ago.
(I didn't prime it, the sandblasting guys did)  Well, I finally finished
painting it last month (with Imron).  Unfortunately, I only scuffed about 20%
of the primer surface with a scotchbrite pad. So, I'd guess the primer sat
for about 11 months before it was top coated on the majority of the car.  Is
this
going to be a huge problem down the road?  If so, I might as well bite the
bullet
and repaint it now.  I'd really hate to see the color coat flake off in a year
or two!  Thanks ... I think ...

william woodruff        woodruff@engin.umich.edu        Ann Arbor, MI