Engine Compartment Paint?

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Compartment Paint?
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 94 10:21:19 CDT
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(Engine Compartment Paint?) File(AUG22942.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 08-22-1994 .. 08:43:31

Well, the engine and trans. of my '75 MGB are finally out for
some much needed care.

While cleaning up the engine compartment I have been finghting off
a case of Shipfitters disease.

Anyway, now I have completely stripped everything out of the engine
compartment and I am going to paint it. My question is, is there
any particular paint that holds up better in this area?
Any paint put up a good fight against spilled break fluid?

How bout epoxy paint?

Lacking a good paint, I'm planning on painting and then putting
a coating of fiberglass resin on the area near the master cyl.s
where break fluid normally eats the paint away.

Sencond question.

Is there some secret that I am missing for putting that puzzle
that is the master cylinders back in the car?
Something like, putting the bolts that go through the firewall
back in by removing the tach and speedoomeeter and working through
the holes  in the dash??
Or do I just need to get a kid with little tiny hands to put
the bolts in?

THanks in advance

Louis Poche' - POCHE@music.loyno.edu