Seat Belts

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat Belts
From: "Blair Engle" <engle@mailer.martech.fsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 1994 10:14:26 -0500 (EST)
My condolences to Mr. T.A. Terry on his mishap with his TA MG.  I know how
it feels to hurt your 'T' type.  Some years ago I "lost it" in a tight turn
on an unfamiliar road and put the right front corner of my TD into a clay
bank.  The front "A" frame rotated and holled  the oil pan.  I was wearing
a lap belt, but that didn't prevent me from eating the steering wheel.

Needless to say I restored the car, and installed a seat belt with a shoulder
strap.  I mounted the lap belt to the vertical wall behind the seat, and the
shoulder strap to the side of the r/h wheel well.  Remember when mounting to
sheetmetal, use a large backup plate on either side to from a sandwich.
This distributes the load making a much stronger assembly.

Press on regardless,

#199 Blair
1950 TD
1953 TD