Re: Plymouth Cricket

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Plymouth Cricket
From: pgarside@acorn.co.uk (Paul Garside)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 94 10:27:24 BST

As Phil says, the Cricket was the Hillman Avenger, available with 1200 and
1500 engines. I seem to remember it was the first fruit of the Chrysler take
over of the Rootes Group, where they moved from producing solid, quite
stylish cars like the Sunbeam Rapier and Humber Sceptre (or advanced cars
like the Imp), to, let's be brutally frank, tin boxes like the Avenger and
Hunter. It was a good rally car, though. It was also made in large numbers
in Brazil with an 1800 engine, and just possibly still is (perhaps not).

The Arrow, I believe, is what you called the Hillman Hunter, still made,
would you believe, in Iran, as the Paykan.

Paul 'fund of useless information' Garside
Cambridge (UK, not MA)
My views, not Acorn's.