MG exhaust installation...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MG exhaust installation...
From: "Eric L. Christensen" <echrist1@firefly.prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 1994 09:34:19 -0500 (CDT)
Hi there--

Well, I finally broke down and bought a "lower priority" item for my B--a
shiny new exhaust! The catch: it came with a complete hanger kit, but no
instructions whatsoever. I opened my trusty Haynes, but it was
extroardinarily unhelpful, and this thing defies any resources of common
sense I might have.

It's completely different from the rubber hangers that were there
previously (got it from NW Import), and in the absence of any diagrams,
etc., I am just using the old hanger for the time being. The problems
with that are: a)the li'l rubber straps holding the thing up clearly will
not last forever (probably not even 6 months), and b)the new exhaust is
_huge_--rather bigger than what was there before, and I get very nervous
when approaching any sort of large bump or dip in the road. I hope that
this can be remedied somewhat by replacing the mount with the newer--and
from the looks of it, more 'flush'-- one, and that it will not require
just finding a smaller muffler.

Anyhow, my question is whether anyone can reccommend a manual that
contains more detailed installation instructions, or even a diagram might
be nice...

Thanks in advance,
                     ---Eric

       *** Eric Christensen ***
        Senior, Middle Eastern Studies                      _____
        University of Illinois                                |/
        email: echrist@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu                       |\