Re: seized caliper on AH 3000

To: jsbradl@erenj.com
Subject: Re: seized caliper on AH 3000
From: mburdick@unmc.edu (Mike Burdick)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 94 13:56:00 CDT
   > subscribers.  My problem is the reverse of the previous one.  On my AH 3000
   > the front left piston is sticking shut.  I removed the pads and cranked
   > back the piston with C clamps, installed new pads for the fun of it, but
   > the seizing piston simply clamps the pads to the rotor and I'm back to
   > square 1.  I want to avoid the price for new calipers, so I contemplate

John,

One possible cause is a bad brake hose.  No, really!  Even though your
hoses may look ok from the outside, the inside may have swelled to the
point that it is acting like a check valve.  It will let fluid pass under
high pressure (like when you press the brake pedal) but will not let fluid
pass the other way to allow the pistons to move back.  I had this problem
on a TR4A and replacing the hoses fixed it.  It's worth checking out.

Good luck,
Mike
mburdick@unmc.edu