Re[2]: Bodge?

To: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier) (Philip J Ethier),
Subject: Re[2]: Bodge?
From: creichle@mednet.med.miami.edu
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 94 13:29:32 EST

     >> plate.  If carpeting is to be left in the car, it must be cut to
     >fit > around the bar.

     >But that wouldn't look as neat and tidy.

     It didn't look very neat and tidy when the mechanic ripped the rug to
     get at the battery because he didn't feel like taking the roll bar
     out.

     Come to think of it, it didn't look very neat and tidy before he
     ripped it...

     Chris

     Bodge #2
     This one is of my own making...

     The car: 1984 Plymouth colt so stripped a model it didn't even have a
     cigarette lighter. We're talking mono radio.
     The year: freshman at University of Miami '89
     The bodge: I'm driving along and the clutch pedal snaps to the floor.
     The fitting on the cable to the clutch which connects to the pedal
     snapped. It's sort-of a cast crap-metal loop crimped onto the cable.
     Having plenty of time and tools but no money I opted to make a new
     link capable of connecting the pedal to the cable with the broken
     crap-metal loop on it.

     I bought a split chain link of appropriate size and some 5 minute
     epoxy. I filed a grove in between the split of the link to allow for
     the cable and then placed the crap metal nodule inside the center of
     the link with the cable in the grove. Hammered it down, looped it over
     the pedal hook and epoxied the link together

     It withstood the pressure and stress of manually engaging and
     disengaging the clutch past the death of the poor car which is another
     story in its self.

     Later,
     Chris