Granby, CT Show.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Granby, CT Show.
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 1994 13:42:51 -0400
On Mon Aug 22 Doug Phillips wrote:

> This Sunday, August 28 is the "British on the Green" show in Granby,
> Connecticut. I plan to be there, weather permitting. I hope to see a
> few SOL'ers there. ...

Argh!

On Mon Aug 22 Bob Lang wrote:

> I recall from an B-C mailing a few months back that Gary Archer was thinking
>of
> going to the British Car show at Salmon Park (or is it Soloman Park??),
>Granby,
> CT this Sunday, 28-Aug-94. If that is true, we should try to put together an
> SOL gathering of some sort. In other words, I plan to be there around 10:30 or
> so, and would like to meet other SOLers if possible.
>
> Let's try to get something going...
>
> Gary, others, what do you think??

Argh again!

I'd been looking forward to going to this show all year.  I never could
find out exactly when it was.  It just so happened I was on vacation
last week so I missed Doug's and Bob's notices and subsequently the show
itself since I got back too late.  Just my luck!

> On Mon Aug 29 Doug Phillips wrote:
>
> The 9th Annual "British on the Green" show yesterday in Granby, CT was fun. I
> saw Bob Lang's very nice TR-6, but I couldn't connect with Bob himself. ...
>
> [more deleted]

> Saw my first SCIMITAR at the Granby show. Most folks never heard of it, but I
> recall the name from a posting on this list.

Aha!  The Reliant Scimitar, built in good ol' Tamworth, Staffordshire, the
same makers as the three-wheeler Reliant Robin.  Made from the same stuff,
of course... fibreglass!  Tamworth is close to my old hunting grounds
across the border into Derbyshire.  I used to pass by the factory on the
train to Birmingham all the time.

On Mon Aug 29 Bob Lang wrote:

> Went to Granby, CT yesterday. It was hot but breezy. The breeze made the heat
> tolerable. I would estimate that there were 275 - 300 cars of British heritage
> on display. Nice showing.
>
> I met soler Don Sforza and we talked a bit. I missed Doug Phillips, but he saw
> my car and left a business card saying "Hi!". Sorry I missed you Doug. Hope
>you
> get your carbie problems taked care of soon.
>
> [more deleted]
>
> Nice show.
>
> [more deleted]

Oh well... perhaps I'll make it next year.  I also missed the biennial
military air show at Chicopee, Massachusetts.  They are on the same
day I think... perhaps the air show was Saturday.

Anyway, thanks to Doug and Bob for their updates on the Granby show.

        Cheers!

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert