Re: Sunbeam Carburetor

To: DonBaby58@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Carburetor
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 94 7:14:14 CDT

Yesterday I wrote:
> Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.  I checked my
> Alpine last night, mine is set up the same as yours.  One of the
> intakes is capped.  My guess is that this is the factory setup,
> although I have no idea why they would machine two intakes and then
> block one off.

Bzzt!!  Wrong again!  Thanks for playing!  NEXT!

I checked the Alpine/Tiger Gold Portfolio last night.  All the
pictures of the 1725cc engine showed both manifold connections with
hoses on them.  The front intake connects to the brake servo.  In the
pictures, the rear intake's hose runs across the valve cover and down
to the lower right side of the engine.  I assume this is to the PCV
valve, but since my car doesn't have this, I can't say for sure.

Apologies for the mis-info.
--
T.J. Higgins     | tjhiggin@ingr.com         | (205) 730-7922
Intergraph Corp. | Mapping Sciences Division | Huntsville, AL, USA