mysterycar.jpg

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: mysterycar.jpg
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 1994 12:23:00 -0700
Finally got a chance to look at mysterycar.jpg.  What I saw definitely
confirms my earlier belief that this car is a modified Healey.  It even
looks looks Healey-ish from the front to me.  The front opening
appears to be about the same shape as for a 100-4 but extended out a
bit; definitely not Ace shaped.  The profile is all Healey IMO.  The top
looks Healey to me as does the windscreen.  The steering wheel doesn't
look like an Ace wheel either.  As for the wheels, I don't know where
they came from but certainly not an Ace.  I hope the purchaser of this
car didn't buy it thinking he was getting an Ace.  A well restored Ace
is worth nearly as much as a restored 289 Cobra these days.

Roland