TR Tyre Pressure

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR Tyre Pressure
From: fox@imagitex.com (Barry Fox)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 94 08:59:14 EDT
Whilst perusing the owner's manual for my 65 TR4A, I came upon
the Tyre Pressure Data table.  I was quite surprised to see
Front 17 psi, Rear 25 psi for Michelin 165-15 radials.  This
is the tire I more or less have on my TR (actually XZX).  Are
these values realistic?  Seems to me current thought is to
have all four at some semi-high value ie, 26 - 28 psi.  What
does net.wisdom have to say?  My driving seldom exceeds *brisk
cornering*, and I have been setting all four at 28 psi.  Thoughts?

Cheers,

Barry Fox     fox@imagitex.com          65 TR4A  CT51681L