MGB SU Carbs & Heat Shield

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB SU Carbs & Heat Shield
From: Bill Lattimer <billla@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 94 10:26:25 PDT
Two questions:

1. I'm starting the rebuild on my SUs, and having just got them back
from being rebushed, I noticed that when the throttle linkage is
against the stop, one carb is not quit all the way open, and the other
is open a little too far (by open I mean the butterfly is level).  How
do I correct this?

2. Anyone running without a heat sheild?  Seems like it doesn't offer
much protection, and I'd much rather put together a nice aluminum
throttle cable/spring bracket that would let me check the header bolts
without removing the carbs.

Thanks!