Re: an MGB in need of more cooling

To: lrc@netcom.com
Subject: Re: an MGB in need of more cooling
From: jhoward@argus.lowell.edu (James D. Howard II)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 94 08:05 MST
   Date: Tue, 9 Aug 1994 07:38:30 -0700 (PDT)
   From: lrc@netcom.com (Henry O. Farad)

    Yesterday I noted that if my car is getting warm commuting
    over hwy 17 in 80F weather, then it'll probably overheat
    if I were to take it to thunderhill racetrack next month.

    Rather than just cleaning up the old radiator, does anyone have
    any rccomendations for a bigger replacement raqdiator, or
    replacement core that will increase nth cooling capacity?

What year is your MGB?  My 67 MGB/GT gets a little warm in 90 degree
rush hour traffic in Washington DC.  On the other hand, my 72 MGB took
bumper to bumper traffic in Phoenix a week and a half ago (107
degrees) without a problem.  The radiators are different designs - I
think in 68 MG went with a larger radiator.

James