Re: Mystery car ID

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (SOL)
Subject: Re: Mystery car ID
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 94 9:49:59 CDT
Rob writes:
> Change my vote to:
> 99% Austin-Healey 100-4 with a homebuilt custom nose and grille treatment.

Couldn't agree more.

> Only three things seem to put a fly in the ointment.
> 1. The nose treatment, of course (perhaps an early attempt to emulate a
> Cobra?).

Probably.  Next time I talk with him, I'm going to ask the owner if
the nose is steel or fiberglass/bondo.

Regarding the Biltmore A-130 engine, Roger Garnett wrote:
# The 100 engine was an Austin, also used in Sedans, such as the A-130, so that
# may mean something.

This more than anything else convinced me that it is an AH 100-4.
Until this message, I wasn't aware that there was a car called Austin
A-130.

Many thanks to everyone who helped with the identification, especially
Roland for all his work in identifying it as not an AC.  I'm
forwarding everyone's comments to the owner.  I know he'll be most
appreciative of the info.
--
T.J. Higgins     | tjhiggin@ingr.com         | (205) 730-7922
Intergraph Corp. | Mapping Sciences Division | Huntsville, AL, USA