Mini Progress Report

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
Subject: Mini Progress Report
From: Marcel Chichak <chichm@tibalt.supernet.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 1994 19:11:45 MDT
@LURK_MODE=OFF

OK, time for a progress report:

In the Mini world:

Just put my wife and kids on a plane to the left coast for 10 days. I
should be able to bang out all of the dents in the Cooper body shell in
that time as well as put the primer and high build filler on. A set of
real Minilites are on their way from Jolly Old. I think I'll get a set of
Colway rally tyres to mount on them.

Victory Lane Magazine for July has an article about the Shell 4000 Retro
rally I'm preparing the car for if anyone is interested.

Just got my OTHER Mini back from 10 days of display at the local fair
thinggy. Britain was the country of honour this year so we put together
a display of LBC's. '58 Morgan, '57 Magnette, '73 B, '58 AH 100/6, '60
AH Sprite, and my '71 Mini. An estimated 200K saw the parade and 750K
came through the gate at the exhibition. Looking forward to the next
club meeting to see what new members show up!

Other stuff:

Visited the Morgan 3 wheeler yesterday armed with drawings, plans, books
and other stuff. Owner now says he's got a pile of parts from the thing in
his garage which I'll visit this week. I'll send the numbers off to the
Morgan Club for verification....stay tuned.

Visited with SOL Mate daved@syncrude.com last week. OK, just how many
other LBC'ers also run Volvo's? Had a really nice dinner out and a 'derelict
car tour' of Ft. McMurray. Found a Volvo 122 Candaian in really good shape
and a '71 Alpha 2000 GTV with '77 plates that had been parked since...'77!
Damn thing appears to have been parked at the junk yard and just left (?!).
Dave's working on that one. Also saw a '74 BGT with a fresh engine and OD
'box for $2800 CDN. Body wasn't the best though. Also a B cadaver and an
unused SWB Land Rover.

My interest was grabbed by a Series 1 Europa that hasn't moved
in 10 years. I was thinking of offering a $2K-cash-and-haul-it-away-today
deal for it. I know the S1's aren't worth much, so what's the
collective think: $2K for a complete unrestored but tatty car with a few
spares, Revolutions and a Renault engine that's gotta be rebuilt RSN?

TTFN

@LURK_MODE=ON

*Marcel Chichak  Certified Mini Nut | Go in deeper, come out  *
*voice (403)466-6004                |harder and come from     *
*Edmonton, Alberta, Canada          |behind!, That's what it's*
*chichm@tibalt.supernet.ab.ca       |like to race a Mini!     *