Re: #2(2) British Cars Digest...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: #2(2) British Cars Digest...
From: Wildbil923@aol.com
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 94 09:36:11 EDT
John Peloquin asks about an MG club in Southern California.  Yes, there is a
very good MG club in this area.  It's called the Southern California MG Club
(of all things!).  The membership officers are: Tom and Gail Panagos, phone
number: (714) 821-0418, address: 5192 Evergreen Ave, Cypress, CA  90630.  The
Club is made up of some very nice people and a very wide range of MGs.  When
I bought my 1960 MGA from my dad (original owner) about seven years ago, I
wrote to an organization called the  "Vintage MG Club" inquiring about
membership.  I got a phone call back informing me that the Vintage MG club
only recognizes "T" series MGs as "vintage".  What a bunch of BS, I thought.
 MGs are all "vintage".  Soon thereafter I came across a display of MGs at
the All British Car Meet at Woodley Park, in the San Fernando Valley, and
learned that most everyone there with an MG was from that club.  MGs ranged
from TCs to MGCs to Midgets.  I highly recommend this club to anyone with an
MG in the Southern California area.