Disappearing lbcs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Disappearing lbcs
From: gerry@hostel.lincroftnj.ncr.com
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 94 16:06 EDT
Anybody go to the SCCA Nationals at Pocono over the week-end ?

What a HUGE disappointment !!!

I went specifically to watch British cars race and see what new technolgy is
available to make them go even faster.

I saw  :
3 Spitfires (all a bit tatty and weatherbeaten)
2 MGBs (both looked like wrecks !)
2 Bugeyes (respectably prepared)
3 Midgets (one very professionally prepared).
1 MGA (very well prepared)
1 Lotus Elan (tatty).

A couple of years I went to the Nationals and was I was overwhelmed by the
LARGE numbers of LBCs (especially Midgets).

What has happpend to the National Level ? have all the LBC been "relagated"
to the divisionals, have they moved on to vintage racing, has the SCCA
finally got its own way and decided it no longer wanted old English sports
cars competing ?

I suspect the latter, because the condition of most of the LBCs was somewhat
embarrasing (I am suprised that some of them got through Tech).

In Pro-rally, the SCCA has basically tried to "clean" up the sport, by
insisting that cars be prepared in "a professional manner". You can not
get through tech if any body panel has primer, is bent or is a different
colour to the rest of the car (there are exceptions).

So what happened to all the LBCs at the National level ?

Gerry