Amazing red Sedan MG (was MG club....)

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Amazing red Sedan MG (was MG club....)
From: <amace%sedofis@VM1.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 94 11:12:29 EST
 John Peloquin: what shape was the *amazing red Sedan MG?
 mid-1930s American sedan shape -- MG Y Saloon (late 1940s)
 early-1950s American sedan shape -- MG Magnette (mid- to late-1950s)
 *Mini* but slightly photoenlarged -- 1960s MG 1100

 These are the *more common* MG sedans to be seen. Of course, there are
 any number of bigger and/or more special MG sedans, especially back in
 the 1930s: SA and WA saloons, some of which are truly large and
 beautiful, various Tickfords (really neat) and the Airline coupes are
 truly breathtaking (IMHO).

 BTW, nice to hear of someone turning an lbc into a daily driver :-)
 Too often, people want to turn them into museum pieces instead :-(

 On the Champion plug thread, er, I mean, discussion that has sparked,
 er, I mean, well, anyway:

 Years ago one of the shop personnel at the local LBC emporium (a.k.a.
 Filth & Greed Imports for Dick O'Kane fans) told me that when the new
 Triumphs, MGs, Humbers, whatever, came in, the British Champion plugs
 were routinely discarded and replaced with American Champions! I guess
 everybody had their own biases. I've always liked, and had good luck with,
 Champions, but even better luck with the brand started by Albert
 Champion after he left that company -- AC. These are factory
 recommended for some Spitfires and GT6s, and I like them, and they are
 very readily available.

 Andy Mace