Re: Moto Lita Wheels

To: triumph@io.org, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Moto Lita Wheels
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 94 10:05:27 -0700
In message <Pine.3.89.9405171427.B25570-0100000@nudge.io.org> Christopher Ball
writes:

> Anyone out there sprung for a lovely steering wheel from these folks. I
> want a wood rim one and my question is - do you HAVE to also order the HUB
> to use with it (this is on the Healey 3000) or can you use the old centre.
>
> I'm asking because my other ponderance is : What about the signal lever
> at the centre of the wheel. It's a nice vintage feature and I don't want
> to relocate it to the dash! Can you retain that with the new Moto Lita wheel?
>
> Thanks !
>
> Chris

Chris,
I have a matched pair (except for the hub) set of Motoleta steering wheels.  One
is on the MGBGT, the other is, as of yesterday, on the TR3A. Both cars had yuchy
aftermarket wheels on them when I purchased them.  I very much like the wheels.
They have an excellent feel and look to them.  The quality of work is very good.
I use the Motoleta hubs.  I believe you would need to use them as well for hub
to wheel fit.  Unfortunatly I can not help you on the center signal lever
assembly as I don't have a big Healey and I could not find signal assy for my TR
when I originally put the wheel on, and like the mod I made well enough to stay
with it on my rebuild.  I use a toggle switch from a little Healey mounted in
the instrument panel rehostat hole.  It works quite well and I always have the
panel lights on full bright anyway.

There is a lot of space in the Motoleta hubs.  Some if not all the factory TR
rally cars had wood wheels and the center signal assy. mounted.  The picture I
have shows that it sticks up a bit & dosn't look like it came with the wheel
(which is one of the reasons I'm happy with my solution).

I some one is willing to donate me a big Healey I would be happy to figure out
how to do this for you ;*)

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards
LINK: TWAKEMAN
408-974-2344                         TR3A - TS75519L,
                       MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, Land Rover 109 - 164000561