Re: brake light switch ideas

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: brake light switch ideas
From: sim1@cornell.edu (Steve MARGOLIS)
Date: Mon, 16 May 1994 18:01:53 -0400
I don't know where the blockage was, but I just got a passle of lbc
digests.  Roland may be able to get the brake light switch he needs from
Rovers North or Atlantic British parts.  My Series I Land Rover has
mechanical brake and clutch pedals which go through the floor, and the stop
light switch is exactly as Tim Mullen described.  There's a spring which is
pulled by the brake pedal linkage which in turn pulls a small post in the
switch to make the contact for the stop light (singular in the case of my
Land Rover.  I don't have the RN catalog with me for the part number.

   | Steve Margolis                      E-mail: sim1@cornell.edu |
   | Distributed Technologies Technical Support                   |
   | Cornell University                  Vox:    (607) 255-1477   |
   | Ithaca is Gorges, NY                Fax:    (607) 254-5222   |
   | 14853-2601                                                   |