Re: The Wonderful SAAB Sonett

To: doug@dsg128.nad.ford.com (Douglas Mitchell)
Subject: Re: The Wonderful SAAB Sonett
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 13 May 1994 12:47:49 -0500 (CDT)
Douglas Mitchell writes >

>         1973 Saab Sonnett III, 39K miles, 4 speed, V-4

Correct spelling is Sonett.

>         Good Condition, Orange color.
>         Located in Howell, Michigan a small city
>       northwest of Detroit.
>
> If you are interested, please e-mail me for his telephone number, as he
> is in the process of moving.
>
> He tells me that the tires were brand new just after he bought it, and
> he has only put about 300 miles on it.  He is asking $1900 for it.

If it runs OK and there is no rust on it, this is a hell of a deal.  Nice
ones are easily worth $3K.  Perfect ones are worth $5K.  Ones with rusty
pans are worth less than $1K, if the final drive works.  They are a real
bargain as an exotic car.   Italian design in fiberglass.  Light weight.  The
seats are almost as laid-back as a Europa's.   The sliding lumbar panels
are neat.

These cars were more popular in New England (imported at Orange, CN) and
the Upper Midwest due to their snow-slicing abilities.  Unfortunately,
those are the places the salt attacked the belly pans.

I have much more information than is appropriate to post on this list.  I
will email it to anyone who asks at phile@stpaul.gov

"Another SAAB story!"