Re: British Cars Digest #1187 Wed Apr 27 21:25:51 MDT 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1187 Wed Apr 27 21:25:51 MDT 1994
From: buzz@ignatz.UCSD.EDU (Jayson Tipp)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 94 08:47:30 PDT
Re: media blasting--

A guy I know out here in San Diego had his car blasted with crushed walnut
shells.  It worked out really nicely in terms of stripping the car and was nice
to the rubber that was left on the vehicle.  However, walnut dust was coming
out of the car for weeks afterward.  It seems that, because it's softer and
perhaps contains more moisture, the walnut material sticks to the metal inside
the body shell more than metallic or plastic beads do.  Otherwise the results
were great, and I believe less expensive than other media.

- J. Tipp