jag for sale (maybe) vol. II

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: jag for sale (maybe) vol. II
From: Will Zehring <WZEHRIN@CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 94 07:49:49 EDT
Fellow fiends:

I think it was Roland who asked about $67,000 for an series 1 E-type
roadster.  That seems way gone to me.  While you might have been able
to ask that much for a perfect series 1 roadster (that was coincidentally
used by President John Kennedy taking Jackie on a date), but then only
back in Reagan's mid '80s.  I can't see how that car could fetch
that price now.  Maybe half that.  In a way, now is a near term good
time to buy such a car (but don't offer $66,000!)

The coupe has never fetched the prices that the roadsters did.
The $17K range I might suggest for my coupe is only that, a suggestion.
I may be "out of bounds" on that one, too.
I don't have a clear idea "what the market will bear" for it and the
price is EMINENETLY negotiable.  I was interested to see the posting on
UK prices for jags but confess I don't know...
-- What the current conversion from dollars to pounds is, and...
-- Whether or not UK prices for LBCs have that much to do with USA prices.

I suspect that UK prices are higher than US prices if only because we
in the US received a heck of a lot more of these cars than were kept in
the UK.  In fact, I think there is a healthy market in US cars being
shipped to the UK and converted to RHD.

Cheers, and have a good weekend
Will "Smooth talkin" Zehring