Z-S carb part needed?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Z-S carb part needed?
From: jjoy@akamai.sps.mot.com (Jennifer Joy)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 94 10:43:52 CDT

I have a Z-S 175 CD-2 carb that appears to have been dropped on
something with a sharp corner.  It is possible the car has been running
with it like this, but I do not know for sure, since the car has been
sitting for a good while.  The dent is on the top part, which could
pass for a hat for a small tin man.

I can't tell if the ding goes all the way through, but there are
visible crack marks on the outside and the inside.  Would a local carb
shop be able to tell me if it is ok?

Does anyone happen to have a "top" to a Z-S rolling around that they
would be willing to sell, or know of a source to get a used one?

thanks,
 jennifer

[the carb is from a '72 jag e-type]

--
       Jennifer Joy  sys/net admin   Motorola/RISC HW  Austin,TX
jjoy@risc.sps.mot.com 512.891.8561 fax:512.891.3818 pgr:933-7333 #898561