MGB GT - The Song

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB GT - The Song
From: steveb@msd.measurex.com (Steve Beck)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 94 14:20:41 -0400
Has anyone heard the song titled "MGB GT" by a Richard Thompson?
My wife heard it on the local college station last week and
told me about it. I finally heard it on my way to work the other
day.

Anyway, it is a rather amusing tune by  Mr. Thompson, who I
think is Irish since the song has an Irish *sound* to it and his
accent does too. I've only heard it once, but I caught mention of
the title lbc, a TR4, and he also sings about an Austin Healey. I
suppose you would classify it as modern/alternative music, since
the college station promotes itself as the_future_of_rock_and_roll.

I wasn't really crazy about the tune itself, but considering the
content, I think I like it :-) Listen for it.

Steve
'70 E-Type 2+2
'67 MGB GT
'77 MGB Roadster