rust prevention

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: rust prevention
From: keith@anolis.bnr.usu.edu (Keith Mott)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 94 16:40:28 -0600
Greetings!
   I've been lurking on this list now for a few months, too busy to work on
my LBC's or contribute to the discussions.  Things are now changing (or
maybe I'm just getting my priorities straight!), so its time to jump in.
   I have two questions:

1) I followed the rust-removal thread a few weeks ago and was greatly
relieved to hear that basically I have been doing things right in restoring
my 59 bugeye.  My question is: after applying a good quality rust-preventing
paint, what else can be done to prevent rust from returning?  Some of those
double panels are great water collectors, and rust seems almost inevitable.
I have seen something called `Finnigan's Waxoyl' in the Moss catalog.
What is this stuff, and would I want to use it on my car?

  Any suggestions for rustproofing would be appreciated; I've put a lot
of hours into welding new panels in place, and I'd like to protect my
investment.

2) (not much lbc content) I have a friend with a faux lbc.  There must be
a group similar to this one for m***a owners.  Anyone have any information
that I can pass along?

   Thanks in advance.

Keith Mott      59 Sprite (bodywork almost finished)
                65 Sprite (restored, daily driver)
                62 AH 3000 (complete, waiting for restoration)

  Keith A. Mott              |      (801) 797-3563
  Biology Department         |  FAX (801) 797-1575
  Utah State University      |
  Logan, UT 84322-5305       |  keith@anolis.bnr.usu.edu