accomplishments

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: accomplishments
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 94 16:35:03 CDT
Spent all of Saturday putting the new spring on the Midget....now
it doesn't feel like a low rider anymore and its doesn't thud when I hit a
pothole!

I messed with carbs some more and it is definately a flakey butterfly
plate not sealing properly...therefore its allowing air to be sucked through
causing the high idle. It currenly idles around the 2000 rpm mark...
time
to get a new carb body from somewhere!

Also, I was going to replace the flasher realy thingy for the turn
signals. The haynes says it's ;located behind the right hand side of the dash.
I wish they would be more specific....I couldn't see it and wasn't about
to tear the dash board off! Does any body know where this is on a 74 Midget?
Also how does the dash come off?? Again the crappy haynes says there are five
or
siz screws on the front of the dash holding it on...I have no holes or
screws!!! I can't see how it's held on.

Misfiring: now the carbs been cleaned it's running a lot smoother (even if
it's idling at 2000rpm!). I think it was a combo of filthy carbs sticking
and dirty air cleaners. I'm replacing the air filters tomorrow because I can
still make her stumble a little if I slam my foot down. The stumble sounds
exactly like when I have the choke out when shes already warm...i.e.
to rich a mixture...therefore not enough air flow at sudden opening of the
throttle.

Marcus.