Float Levels

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Float Levels
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 1994 11:51:49 +0000 (GMT)
Matt Sileira states that the incorrect float level could cause the car to
run rich with the carbs dumping gas into the cylinders and washing the
ring lub away. I find this odd.

I can see the opposite - a low float causing the carb to suck extra air
with the mix, but a high float should, IMHO, just dump the gas out the
over flow, if you have them.
The rest of the mixture level should be dealt with by the needle and
bridge height. No?

Maybe in a carb where the fuel bowl is sealed the gas would ride up and
pour into the intakes. Is that what you meant Matt?

Now that I think of it perhaps this was why the overflow tubes were added !