Re: Gearbox - tR3A

To: triumph@io.org, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gearbox - tR3A
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 94 10:09:31 -0700
In message <Pine.3.89.9404141133.A27397-0100000@nudge.io.org> Christopher Ball
writes:

> No answers from anyone so here's a short  version:
>
> Can anyone offer tips on getting the bloody gearbox mated up to the
> engine on the TR3A ?
>
> (Yes, it's aligned with a special tool)
>
> Thanks netlanders

Sorry, but I too am gear box alingment challanged.  I can never get it to go in
right the first time.  I work at it untill I get frustrated and go off & do
something else for a while.  It's easier when I have someone else looking from
the side.  I line them up horizontally looking from the top and the person
looking from the side tells me how to line it up vertically  I put a tad of
grease on the leading edge of the splines and pilot.  I don't know of any
magical thing.  At least its lighter than a Land Rover transmission/transfer
case, and you do not need to lift it up from underneath like an MGB.  Could be
worse.

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561